Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

About a week ago i noticed a slight tapping noise when i

Customer Question

about a week ago i noticed a slight tapping noise when i first turned the ignition on my petrol vauxhall astra twin top design 1.8 07 plate and as the week progressed it got really loud and the noise continued when i was driving, the car also felt a little sluggish the loud noise was def from the top of the engine i checked the oil albeit it was a little low but nothing to really worry about.

Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I am still in need of an answer
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help - Sorry to see you have had a wait.
Before we progress I just need a little more detail -
Please give me the cars FULL reg number - so I can ID exactly which engine you have etc -
Too - what is the service history like on the car- last two - three years or so ?
When was the LAST service done - and any engine repairs ( if any )?
Do you get any warn lights on at all?
Kind Rgds, MIKE......................