Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert

I have a Vauxhall Corsa 1.7d that loses power.erg valve

Hi I have a Vauxhall Corsa 1.7d that loses power.erg valve has been replaced. No light showing up on the dashboard. Next day it drives fine no fault shows up on the computer. Mechanic can't figure it out
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome.. When you say it loses power.. can you explain the situation more fully - Too - do you get any fault lights on when this happens or when driving?What too exactly has the mech done in a bid to cure this?Rgds, MIKE............................................
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello Declan -
This is MIKE who replied to you as above.
I note you listed a new question for the same problem -- that has been closed as Duplicates are not allowed -
Please respond to my questions above - then we can progress -
Rgds , MIKE....................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just driving and there's no power . no lights show up on the dashboard. Erg valve was replaced sensor on the turbo was also was driven while hooked up to the computer

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Declan -
Thank you for your reply and info there..
Given what you have said now, Im going to need to ask you further info Im afraid..
Please give me the cars Full reg number - so that I can properly ID it / systems type etc -
WHat is the mileage on the car?
Have you had any work done on the car of late? Parts etc?
When and how did this issue come about ? ie - suddenly - came on gradually etc..?
The more info / background you can give me the better I can help you.. to inc the answers to the above..
Rgds, MIKE.......................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's an 09 vauxhall corsa 1.7cdti registered in Ireland. No work just came on 2 different times next day it drives ok

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again -
What is the mileage - ?
When was the fuel filter - and air filter last changed?
Have you tried any injector / pump cleaner through it at all?
Rgds, MIKE...................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Full service 3 months ago.havent tried injector cleaner.55 400 miles

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again..
Thank you for that info.. I need to get as much info as I can you understand without being able to see it / test it.
-- Given all that you have said and described re the fault you have, the most likely issue here is a partially clogging injector -or, sticking pintles on one or more of the injectors. Very often this will show up after a service several weeks or so later --
Given too there are no fault codes or even an engine system fault light showing - this tends to rule most else out - certainly any components etc.. so again, its looking like the above.
Too - the mileage is about right for this sort of issue on some - so what I would suggest you do as it all adds up is - renew the fuel filter - regardless of if it was changed on the recent service.
At the same time, obtain a couple of cans / bottles of a good make of Diesel injector / system cleaner..
On fitting the new filter - fill that with Diesel inj cleaner -and then fit it.. Put the rest of the two cans in the tank - so it will work as you drive.
WIth having filled the fuel filter with cleaner it will put a nice virtually undiluted mix straight through the injectors - cleaning / freeing the injectors internally and cleaning the pintles as above.
This is often a good idea done on every other service or so on a diesel to prevent just the same problems as you have arising but most don't do it -- it can prevent what you have - and make for long lasting of the parts.
In your situation, it is the best thing you can do short of having the system professionally seen to - ultrasonic cleaning etc and very often will ward off you ever having to do that , saving a costly job.
This should restore your performance and correct your faults. Again , it will work as soon as you start up - and as you drive -as its in the tank - so give it time to work as well.. that will vary depending on your use / mileage.
IF the problem should arise again - rather than fault code testing ( as there is nothing wrong on those area ) - you would then be best to have the car to a Diesel Specialist who can test the performance of the fuel system / injection pump and so on and would find any other fault that way. But this is certainly worth a go - the best / cost effective way forward as its not so bad at the moment to get this sorted.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
---- Meantime - Please do click on the Exc / Ok rating for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Other
Experience: Tech Expert