Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My Control indicator A electronics has come yesterday

Customer Question

Hi My Control indicator A for engine electronics has come yesterday Tigra 56 plate 1400cc petrol
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..
The control indicator or "car/spanner" warning is an engine management light - normally means the ecu has detected an issue on the engine ie: sensors/ecu controlled components or emissions control side of things...you dont mention any issue with the car since or prior to the warning comming up..but the standard practice or first step with this kind of problem..is to get the car plugged into a diagnostic scanner..as this will tell the you/garage what needs to be checked or inspected/replaced even according to what fault codes are being logged or stored..that needs to be the first step..of course you can make a rough inspection yourself around the engine and ensure everything is secure plug wise to the engine/intake hoses are secure and not ripped after mass meter/vac hoses are secure.also ensure the car isnt low on fuel/fuel cap is secure too... I do hope this helps