Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert

Have a 2013 Vauxhall Meriva, series . The door open light

Have a 2013 Vauxhall Meriva, series B. The door open light comes on the dashboard, and the bleeper goes off, even when all the doors are firmly shut.
Is there a way off curing this problem?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you -
You have done the right thing in double checking all the doors etc are closed firmly -
As that has not cured it - you will have developed a fault with one of the door switches ( for the light ).. either one of the doors - or bonnet / boot.
Sometimes its a wiring fault where a wire becomes damaged to one of the doors - inside where you cannot see.. other times its a faulty switch as mentioned above - needing replacement.
As the car is a 13 reg it will be under warranty and this fault will be covered, so the thing to do is contact the local Vauxhall dealer in the morning -and have them arrange to have the car in. This will therefore not cost you anything for the warranty work.
Meantime if you haven't done so already, switch the lights off or remove the bulb to save flattening the battery. The light units just prise out with a small flat blade from their fitting to remove the bulbs if needed.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
Kind Rgds, MIKE.
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Mike, Other
Experience: Tech Expert