Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a non staring 1.7 cdti - originally we put the wrong

Customer Question

Hi i have a non staring 1.7 cdti - originally we put the wrong fuel in her which has now been drained - we cranked her over quite a lot - AA man couldn't get going - he eventually checked the injectors and informed us that they appeared not to be working.
There appeared to be plenty of pressure at the rail so son't think it's a fuel pump problem.
Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise.
I just need to ask before we progress - what is the year of the vehicle?
Did the AA man connect any proper diagnostic equipment - if so, with what results?
What did he go away saying / concluding ?
Did you drive the vehicle with the wrong fuel in -and if so how far / did it blow smoke and come to a stop ?
What was the % mix of diesel / petrol in the tank?
Sorry for the questions but I have to be able to get an accurate picture so as to give accurate advice --
Anything else too that you can tell me - but to inc the above..
Please type your reply here - - when I receive it, I will get back to you asap thereafter -
Best Rgds, MIKE.......................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike thanks for the help- The reg is NU05XLE
- the mix was 70 / 30 petrol heavy- we drove it home 10miles where realised there was something wrong. Can't remember if there was smoke..- he left us with fault codes 0703 5007 2103 2139 0650 0002 0087 0500 1168.- He said it could be a computer problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any ideas Mike ?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again -
Thank you for your reply. Im afraid that due to my shifts I just missed your reply, Im sorry about that.
Those codes unless they are P prefix codes are not really saying a lot - but I asked for background / the info that I did because the answers to that are more helpful in this situation to be honest.
That ratio of fuel mix - coupled with a*****honestly? is not good.
Basically the modern diesel system which you have relies heavily on the oil of the diesel fuel to lubricate the highly refined internal parts of the fuel pump / injectors... so when petrol goes through as you have had, its basically like putting a "wash" through - there is little or no lube - and the internals of the pump etc wear rapidly - meaning then, the pump cannot do its job - ie, pump.. meaning then too that the pressure cant be raised - and the Ecu will not allow the engine to start in that condition - either / or, there just isn't the pressure anyway to open the injectors.
So Im afraid given what you have there, there is every reason to believe you may have an expensive repair on your hands Im really sorry to say.
The BEST advise I can give you is to take it to a local Diesel Specialist if you can.. because they have the dedicated test equipment for the pump / injectors etc to test to see if / what pressure is there.. thats the starting point on this one now - and then, only then, can you know which way you are headed with it now..
Once again , My sincere apologies for the delay..
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-Meantime ----- Please do the rating for me at this time.. - Thank you in advance for that -
... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating should you need more at all - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.