Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2008 Antara SE diesel 4x4 - do you know what he following

I have a 2008 Antara SE diesel 4x4 - do you know what he following fault codes are B57A and B57D? Also have PO504 brake signal - what would cause that?
Regards, Ian
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Suspect the B codes will be body control unit codes but they dont actually list as far as i can see on my vauxhall database of codes - but the BCM is part of the brake light switch circuit/aswell as the ecu - the p0504 is correlation fault..so it could be either that actual brake switch itself at fault which is located at the pedal box/brake pedal bracket.normally thats the route cause for that code being a faulty brake pedal switch but you can inpsect the electrical connector to the switch at the brake pedal just to be sure its secure.and isnt loose in its mount causing a adjustment issue............... Or less common a wiring issue between the BCM or the ECU which all monitor that brake switch which would require proper testing to see if that the case or not - firstly check fuse 20 within the engine bay fuse panel and ensure it hasnt blown as that part of the circuit too - next check that the brake lights on the back actually work! when the brake is operated sometimes issues there can cause that...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Robert, that is very helpful.