Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My neighbours alarm keeps going off horn and siren (not sure

Customer Question

My neighbours alarm keeps going off horn and siren (not sure what you call it) Going to a garage tomorrow but trying to keep the car quiet till then is a problem. The car is a Zafira 04 1.8 auto. There is also a problem with bonnet in that we cant open it. Any advise would be welcome . Thankyou
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise..
Im sorry to see you have had a wait...
The problem with this model is invariably that the Nicad rechargeable batteries in the alarm siren unit have failed with age..
Vauxhall sell a new siren unit complete - which you just undo and change for the new one - it is under the pass side front wing.
As you have the problem with the bonnet - the first thing to try is to have someone pull hard on the handle inside - while you / or helper takes a firm grip of the front edge of the bonnet - and rhythmically pushes down and pulls up - while the handle is pulled as above -this will usually open it.. then it needs the catch / cable checking for seizing / lubrication / adjustment.
Let me know if I can help anymore at all or if there is anything Ive missed or you need something more..
Kind Rgds - MIKE.
.>>>..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...
You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..
Rgds, MIKE.