Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I tried to fit a kenwood stereo to my 2015 combo van ,the factory

I tried to fit a kenwood stereo to my 2015 combo van ,the factory fit one comes on without the key in the ignition ,but the kenwood won't
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome.
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
Certainly yes, that is the issue per your instructions.. they suggest that as the ISO loom works differently with different models of car.
It could be that you have popped a fuse when fitting the unit - its easily done.. so check first for power on those wires.
You are looking for a permanent 12v feed - ign OFF on the yellow if I recall - but it will show on your instruction. Usually you join the two - red and yellow by plugging the bullet connector on the end of the wire into the clear plastic plug socket that has the red wire in - thus giving it a feed.
If its not there then check the fuses for it under audio... there is often more than one.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-~~~ Meantime ----- Please do click on the Exc / Ok ratings for me at this time.. - Thank you in advance for that -
... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating should you need more at all - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.