Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a wauxhall astra j 2011 1.6 petrol, and engine symbol

Hi, I have a wauxhall astra j 2011 1.6 petrol, and engine symbol came on, and a message saying service stabilitrak.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..

Your service stabilitrack is part of your stability programme in conjunction runs through the main ABS unit/system..the fact you do have an engine management light means aswell as your traction control system - fault codes will be stored and thus need to be retrived diagnostically to be certain of what area on both these systems needs to be checked out to be able to progress forward with a fix..there has been alot of well known issues with"interference" issues resulting in service stabilitrack warnings..such as wiring/ faulty ignition system parts.ie: coils.if engine is seemingly missfiring as such..so it could well be that..but the first step with this type of fault is to find out what these/or fault codes are stored..