Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

Vauxhall Meriva First reg Dec 2005. Bought secondhand recently. After

Customer Question

Vauxhall Meriva First reg Dec 2005. Bought secondhand recently.
After car has stood for a period of some hours, say overnight, It frequently will not start first time. Usually necessary to try the starter several times without a start, then wait a couple of minutes before trying again, when it often starts. Then runs OK.
The unreliability of starting is the problem.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please continue trying to find an answer. The problem still exists. I have not yet tried to start the car today, but I will be surprised if it starts without difficulty.

Thank you. R. Hollier

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is MIKE..
I need to just ask exactly what engine your Meriva has - what size / type?
If you can give me its full reg number that will help too--
Plus - what mileage does it have?
What is its service history like?
What are the symptoms when this happens - is it just continual cranking until it fires up?
Have you had any checks / tests done at all?
Rgds - MIKE.....................