Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I was wrong about the Engine Management light. It was the

I was wrong about the Engine Management light. It was the light for the Servicing/Immobiliser. What is happening now is that this light comes on when the ignition is switched on ,and does not go off until the engine is running. On occasions the light just flashes prior to attempting start up which results in not being able to start the engine, no starter motor connection.
If the key is removed and the process begun again then the car usually starts O.K. but the light still does not go off until after the engine has started. The vehicle has just been serviced!!
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I wish to continue waiting for a possible solution to the Immobiliser Problem

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialities differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Close\ Question

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
Im sorry to see you have had a wait..
Please let me know if you would still like help with this - if so , we can go from there -
Best Rgds, MIKE.....................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please any help would be appreciated

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
HI again - Thank you for your reply and info..Given what you have outlined / described, this is an immobilser system fault... its common actually on the model you have.. with those symptoms.You did right in trying the other key - if the symptoms are identical, then you have ruled the key / s out as faulty... that then leaves either a faulty transponder unit or, a fault with the main control unit. Usually its the former...but you can get faulty modules.Really this needs to be tested with plug in diagnostic equipment - and it needs to be Vauxhall or other Tech 2 equipment / similar.. this is because most general garage equipment wont connect to the security system ( for obvious reasons)This will determine which of the two items are at fault..Some people will opt to have the tests run as above - others will just opt to have a new transponder fitted- (this is fitted under the cowl around the ign unit ) - but before ordering this - you would need to ask at the Vauxhall dealer ( which is where you would need to obtain such parts from ) whether, the unit has to be coded to the car or not - some do..some don't - they will be able to tell you - have your cars VIN ready when you call so that they can tell you for sure.So that is the issue you have here - and those are the options / ways forward for you on this to get this cured for you now.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.-- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Other
Experience: Tech Expert