Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Mike ... I have a vectra c model 2002 . I just got the

Customer Question

Hi mike ... I have a vectra c model 2002 . I just got the fuel pump and ecu replaced ... Everything was working well then the fault came back after a*****test ... There was a short in the electrical system that I didn't know about at the time of fitting which has since been repaired and the fuel in the tank has been there for 2 year ... Becuase it was sitting off road ... I used it then the warning light came on and into limp mode ... When this happened I took it to a garage they replaced it all as above but then the fault came back .. Could it be bad fuel ? A sensor gone in the pump ? I don't want to go down the road of getting another one of the same thing will happen ... Any help will be appreciated thank .. Frazer
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't worry about it I have just gone ahead and ordered a new one
Thanks for trying I don't it any more
Frazer
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Frazer -
This is MIKE whom you requested help on your Vectra with -
Im very sorry but I was off yesterday..
- I know you say don't worry about it now as you have ordered another part - and thats fine.. Im not exactly sure what part you have ordered though - fuel pump or Ecu, the parts you replaced before.. but it is unlikely to get a faulty "new" one of either to be honest..
But see how you go there - but if it still gives you troubles Frazer, Im happy to help you further as needed, just let me know.
Really - I would say its very possible you have a faulty crank sensor..or on that circuit..so again, if you struggle still - check that out.. Too then, if thats not the case you will have to do basic checks for ign and fuel..and see what you have there..
Again thats what I would suspect ..
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.