Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Car cuts out when driving take half an hour before it starts

Customer Question

car cuts out when driving take half an hour before it starts again 06 diesel estate
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -Your symptoms suggest a couple of things - but the two that are uppermost with this situation is either - a faulty crank sensor...or, a restriction in the exhaust.Both of these will manifest themselves in the way you describe - the car cuts out after so long of use - then will not restart for half hour or so... This is if its the crank sensor, the sensor fails when hot - and will only let the car restart when its cooled down.In the case of the exhaust restriction, the pressure builds up to such an amount where it strangles the engine and cuts it.. it wont restart until its let the pressure out of the system - sufficient for it to restart.. this takes around a half hour usually.So these are the two things that need checking out now.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.