vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

I have a 2002 2.6 Omega. I have fault with lh indicator.

Customer Question

I have a 2002 2.6 Omega. I have fault with lh indicator. I does not work and the cab light and LH indicator lights stays on ( not flashing) even when ignition is switched off. RH side works fine. Hazards do not work either. I have tried a new relay. Any ideas will be very welcome. Thanks . Stuart Molyneux Southampton
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer,First remove and inspect the bulbs and holders for water or corrosion as a short or poor contact here can cause all sorts of problems.Another cause can be a faulty alarm/locking control unit this has built in relays that flash the indicators when locking the car or when the alarm goes off, this lives behind the kick panel next to the throttle pedal and is 3x4 inches, disconnect it and see if the indicators start to work, if they do give the box a couple of taps to see if it un-sticks the relay otherwise a new unit will be needed, a new one will need to be coded to the keys unless you get a second hand unit with matching fobs.I hope this helps, let me know how you get on,Best regards, Vauxdoc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your advice. It turned out to be the indicator stalk was faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your advice. I changed the indicator stalk for new Genuine Vaux one and it was ok for a day. Now it has gone back to the same fault, I also noticed that I have no main beam or flash.

checked all bulb holders, fitted new relay and indicator stalk