Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

We have just bought a Vauxhall corsa and reason the

We have just bought a Vauxhall corsa and for some reason the night we bought it everything seemed fine but next day the car would not lock on the drivers door. After about 30min of trying we did this from the inner door but this morning the drivers door would not even open. I got into the car by the passenger side but I still can't open the drivers door at the moment. Do you have any advise as to what we can do. I can't spend to much money as I am getting married in two months so don't have much available. Please help
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** The issue with the locking you have , can be caused by different issues. BUt I note what you say about the one door looking not to be shut correctly.Concentrate on this first - if the lock mech is not aligned correctly, it can cause this as the system knows there is a fault...and can keep it locked.You may need to remove the inner door panel to get at the mechanism to manually unlatch it - to open the door , to deal with the issue... or - you can get a garage to open if using a "lock out " tool... that would save damage to the inner panel..With a door part shut like that , it will cause such issues with the whole CDL system - so I would concentrate on that first as above --Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Other
Experience: Tech Expert