Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Is there more than one fuel filter on a 2009 Insignia. My car

Customer Question

Is there more than one fuel filter on a 2009 Insignia. My car is 6 years old and has been no trouble until 2 months ago when I filled up in Devon after a 200 mile journey.
I keep getting a "Service Vehicle Soon" message and then suffer a loss of power. Last month it had a major service including the air, oil , and pollen filters but I still keep getting this message. At first it was worse as I tried to accelerate but is now intermittent.
Any suggestions please
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..In answer to your initial question - there is only the one , replaceable fuel filter - that is replaced on servicing ( or should be ). It does have another but that is in the tank on the fuel pipe pick -up- that doesn't ever get replaced -not required.You say the car has been serviced - and you keep getting the service reminder ,..It sounds like the service computer hasn't been reset.You need to get the garage that did the service to reset the system for you - then that should then be all ok.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.