Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have just bought a Vauxhall vectra 1.9 cdti It has 89000

Customer Question

Hi I have just bought a Vauxhall vectra 1.9 cdti
It has 89000 on the clock and is a 2006 plate drove well in first week is under warranty
On driving it yesterday and today the excelebratioexceleration seems to cut out after 40 mph it will go to 60 mph but seems to shift beyween gears and does not pull through as a usual diesel would do limping in speed along the road.
Can y ou advise what the problems are please as I only have a three month warranty and want this issue sorted in the first mechanical work
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

Does any warning lights come up when this occurs?

Any black smoke out the back when this happens or any unusal engine noises that you can hear?

Whats its service history?

Is it an 8 valve or 16 valve - 1.9cdti?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no warning light comes on
Not noticed any black smoke
Two services 70076 on 2/11/12
87504 on 6/11/14
V5 states
Model vectra life cdti auto
Registered 7/4/2006
2axel rigid body
Diesel car
Heavy oil
1910cc
Co2 189g/km
N
How do I determine if it's an 8 or 16 vavle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pno warning light comes on
Not noticed any black smoke
Two services 70076 on 2/11/12
87504 on 6/11/14
V5 states
Model vectra life cdti auto
Registered 7/4/2006
2axel rigid body
Diesel car
Heavy oil
1910cc
Co2 189g/km
N
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there sorry for the delay..

you can tell if its 8v or a 16v by where the yellow oil filler cap is...right side 16v left side 8v...or you can let me know the registration number?

Also how does the clutch feel or roughly the bite point?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8 valve there is a low whine noise when I first pull out with the excel orator please answer asap
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Robert can you reply ASAP please
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..

Low whine could be consistant of turbo noise..its not to uncommon to hear turbo noise on these engines "slight whine" on pulling off just to bear that in mind..ifs it loud/screeching then its certainly on area to have checked out or could be the turbo is at fault / waste gate is stuck as its vaccum controlled via solinoid just on the front above the radiator..you note small vac hoses to it and one leading down the front with a heat sheild round it..needs to be checked out..another area id certainly be looking at on these is the EGR valve..sometimes these can cause alot of issues and cause power loss..so that can be removed and cleaned up as such..something to look getting checked or done and see if that helps or improves the power....I do hope this helps...if you need to ask anything else..then please do before you rate