Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Ive got a Vauxhall zafira 64 reg and recently the battery went

ive got a Vauxhall zafira 64 reg and recently the battery went flat and after getting it started have been unable to use the radio/cd player. it is a CDR 500 and I have a card with the original security code on it but it says its for a 300 and the only other number I have found that is written down (and not stating its a security code) doesn't work either. Is there any way to unlock and use the radio again and set the time if the code doesn't work?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is***** happy to help / advise -Im afraid you do need to input the radio system code to get the display and radio system to work correctly.It sounds like on purchase of the car , you were given the wrong doc set for the car - and someone else now has the same issue too! or will have when they get a flat battery. This is actually quite common with s/h car sellers - Anyway, the quickest / best way forward for you is to contact the local dealer ( VAUX ) and tell them whats happened. They will require the car reg number ( and sometimes the VIN ) and they will be able to give you the code for the system . Some dealers do charge , some dont.. but the only other way is to remove the set to get the serial number of it and then use a radio code company to get the code.. you can see its much easier to have the dealer supply you the code.... Once entered, all should work fine again.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE