Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Vaughan media and the sign with car and spanner over it appeared minute the

I have a Vaughan media and the sign with car and spanner over it appeared for a minute then went off first time it's done it
Category: Vauxhall
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Vauxhall mevria
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..
When the warning appeared..was there or now any problems or driveability issues when this flagged up?
Did it go off itself or did you turn off then restart the engine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problems I was still driving and it went off by itself
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..
Ok..the warning light as you may know already is engine electronics fault or your immobiliser has developed a problem...since the light went off itself..i doubt there be much to check at this stage to be honest.as it sounds intermittent/glitch..ive seen this happen on few vauxhalls regarding key,immobiliser issues..so maybe if you want try the other key you have.use the car with the other key and see if that stops it...but as it stands to be able to progress and find out why it came up - then you'll need to wait until such time as it does reappear on the dash and then diagnostically scan the ecu for the fault codes its stored,thats the only way you know for sure what issue you have..you wont likely find any fault codes now or pending even if you've already cycled the ignition on and off a few times since...but at the moment just continue driving the car and keep a eye on it happening again - if it does of course...I do hope this helps