Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

I took my 2 litre diesel Vauxhall insignia 11 plate for

Customer Question

I took my 2 litre diesel Vauxhall insignia 11 plate for a service last week. Had my oil and filters changed. The weekend before that I had a regeneration of my DPF because you get the useful message of "Service vehicle soon" and nothing else till he plugged computer in as the car had been jolting and would freeze at certain mph's when accelerating or trying to go through the gears.
This weekend I was driving along the m4, car was merging and behaving violently, mph dropping to like 40mph and freezing there, lowering gears to work the engine at 35000 revs wasn't shaking it out of its funk like usual.
Came off the motorway at J11, stopped at the red lights on the roundabout, message come us saying "oil pressure low, stop engine". I duly stop the engine whilst lights are red give the car 10 seconds and try to turn it back on to no avail. It wouldn't turn over, just kept clicking. Battery instantly empty, message of battery saver mode came on, electrics and even hazards were barely visible when being towed home.
Got pushed off the main road and recovered back to swindon by a mate who suggested could be my oil sensors or the oil sump blocked which should have been emptied after oil change. Got recovered to the mechanic who had carried out the services house. Called me later saying I had play with the turbo which makes sense for the rattling under the hood when you put your foot down at the slightest. But looking at the error message online my car needs to go to the vauxhall dealer as car needs an ECU update and only Vauxhall can do it for £70. I spoke to Skurrays in Marlborough, probably 15 miles away who quoted me £38.40 for the same job. Funny how the same company charges differ. That's a different story anyway.
Please help. I know nothing about cars and I've read in places once your DPF goes it's the start of problem after problem.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE..

Let me know if you still need help with this - then we can progress -

Rgds. MIKE.........................................