Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My 2.2 diesel antara has just passed its first MOT. It

Customer Question

Hi, my 2.2 diesel antara has just passed its first MOT. It has done 80k since new. The problem. The car with a spanner light is on along with the reduced engine power light and the engine fault light. The car is difficult to start when in this mode which is intermitant. I have tried a fuel system cleaner and a DPF cleaner and they have done nothing. When i stop the engine the fan remains on as if the DPF is cycling and it is not actually cycling. Stop start works ok.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.This light you have is indicating there is an engine management / emissions fault... The only way forward is to have a plug in diagnostic test done... this will scan the Ecu computer for fault codes that will be there as that light is on -and the car is on Limp mode..Once retrieved, that will tell exactly where the fault lies / circuit and it can be sorted then from there.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE