Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

As I was driving my mokka. On the odometer the LIM sign

Hi, as I was driving my mokka. On the odometer the LIM sign was flashing off and on and down were the mileage is it says LO, what would it be??
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help.
The LIM and LO message is telling you that the engine management system has developed a fault somewhere - and as such, the Ecu / computer , puts the car into what is called Limp home mode ( LiM and Lo(w) power output.
When this happens you need to have a garage plug in to the cars OBD port a diagnostic machine - this will collect the data needed to tell the tech exactly why this happened - and the fault can then be sorted.
A lot of smaller garages have the equipment to do this test for you - it doesn't take long and should not be costly. Its cheaper to use a smaller garage really for this than a dealer - but of course all dealers can do this for you as well if you prefer.
Im sorry I cannot tell you exactly what is wrong without the results of that test - but that is your way forward now on this one to get this sorted for you quickly and cost effectively.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE