Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 1.6 petrol Zafira on a 06 plate. It as a slight rattling

I have a 1.6 petrol Zafira on a 06 plate. It as a slight rattling noise which gets worst when accelerating
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..

I wouldnt say its normal across every 1.6 to be honest but its not to uncommon to see/hear on these engines..and is normally due to the HYDRAULIC LIFTERS TAPPETS that cause the noise,all of them have to be replaced of course if you do go down that route..Having said that its sounds to me a bit of fobbing off with the dealer..if its under warranty then id stick to your guns so to speak until you get satisfatory solution to recitify this fualt..as it not something you shouldnt be hearing nor need to just ignore or put up with as it will get worse over time...
Of course other obvious things need to be taken into account with regards ***** ***** level as it is currently,best checked when cold and the car on reasonable level surface..as low oil can tend to cause this too..oil grade,has it had an oil and oil filter service - aswell oil pressure all has to be ruled out..I do hope this helps..if you require to ask anything further then please do before you rate