Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2003 Vauxhall Zafira 2.0 dti. The pins on the injector

I have a 2003 Vauxhall Zafira 2.0 dti. The pins on the injector pump are corroded and some are missing. I can not get the information out of the pump so that I can recode a new one. If I get a donor car with pump ecu and key reader can I swap everything over to get the car running.
Derek
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..

Which injection pump? the single plug or double plug?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the double plug and the damage is at the front plug
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..

Ok..yes those pumps are actually coded the double plug to the car they come from with regards ***** ***** so there no easy way round it unless reset the pump - of course you'll need the security code from the donor car..once the pumps fitted you need to set up communication with the cars ecm - then programme and reset ecu by entering donor cars security code - this will reset previous security code - then communcate with the immobliser module - enter security code in which you have installed injection pump - so it learns the new security code to the engine control module - so in theory unless you have tech 2 with global tis to go through the programming and not knowing the donor cars security code your stuffed...so you'll need to phone around for someone maybe a diagnostic tech or vauxhall independant that has that equipment -
The only other way you "may" get away with it . is to do as you have done and get the donor cars injection pump / reader coil / and transponder chips from its keys to replace into your own key..that "may" work saveing having to replace the ignition barrel . but as above those are to two options open im afraid on these..its not like the older single plug type pumps you could just plug and play without coding..also ensure the pumps not off a Vectra C or any other vauxhall that uses that DTI engine..you need to get a pump that specifically off a Zafira of the same engine code and close to the same year....Another option open to you..beside that is to get your old pump repaired thus saving the hassle of programming..might be worth looking into
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK