Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My mother in laws 51 plate 1.2 corsa has cut out on the way

Customer Question

My mother in laws 51 plate 1.2 corsa has cut out on the way to us today. There is fuel I'm the tank and the ignition and starter work as normal however the engine will not start. I have checked for obvious loose leads but all looked good. Has anyone got any ideas?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.This sounds like the crank shaft position sensor or the coil pack has failed the car needs to be scanned using a diagnostic scanner to find any fault codes, these codes will pinpoint the cause however based upon the symptoms this is a classic sign of crank sensor or coil pack failure. This crank sensor gives the engine speed and position signal to the injection system to trigger the correct injection phase and spark, it also gives the Rev counter a speed signal. The sensors often fail totally causing the engine to cut out and prevent re-starting.The coil pack is also another common cause of this problem, this provides the high voltage supply for each spark plug, they can fail causing total loss of spark.Other less common causes such as immobilizer faults, ECU Failure and wiring issues or mechanical engine failure are also possibilities so it is advisable to scan for fault codes before replacing parts.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.