Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My Vauxhall zafira 2003 2.0dti service light came on on the

Customer Question

My Vauxhall zafira 2003 2.0dti service light came on on the motor way, my car slowed down to 65mph then struggled to get back to 70mph, why is this?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
The warning on the dash will be an engine management system fault,and can put the car into a limp home mode hence the power restriction..normally means the ecu has detected the problem and stored/logged fault codes that require to be retrived diagnostically/car plugged in to scanner to see what those codes are and and then make checks to diagnose the fault.. The DTI engines do have a few known problem or be it checks that normally the most common..the first being the vacuum lines/hoses arent split or broken..these are a very common problem to see on the DTI's and cause a whole load of issues - The next check is the EGR valve - id say on these engines..the EGR valve is always top of the list when its comes to power issues on these..normally either the valve not working or stuck in either the open or closed position and not able to move freely due to it being clogged with soot build up..they can be removed an cleaned out if it actually fault code related to EGR flow problem - another is fuelling problem..again the filter on these can normally cause power drop issues but it can also be sign of pending injector pump failure..DTI's are proneto that and it not a cheap job to get replace but again depends on exactly what fault ocdes you have would determine if that faults there or not...Carefull inpection of the intake hoses and intercooler hoses are not split and secure....so as above those are pretty much the basic checks as far as these cars go but i would advise at least once the visual inpections are done on the engine to have it diagnsotically plugged in to a scanner and then take it from there based on those fualt codes found..I hope this helps