Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK

I have Vauxhall Meriva. The Drivers window continually tilts

Customer Question

I have Vauxhall Meriva. The Drivers window continually tilts forward when you close it and jams and re-opens. It does this all the way up. You can only close it by doing 1 inch at a time and straightening it. We have fitted a new window carrier but it is now worse.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
You mean a new window regulator/motor has been fitted?
Does the motor struggle only when closing or the same when opening the window?
There hasnt been any damage or prior work done to the door/frame itself since this problem occurred?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No the motor is fine. It is the frame the window sits in inthe door moves when driven by the motor.
The motor doesn.t struggle. The window tilts forward into the frame. This causes the window to open as it has met resistance.
There hasnt been any previous damage to the door.
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
My intial thoughts going by your description would be the tracks the window follows or if you like the trim edges the glass sits in/follows... The only way to know if the window has shifted off its track is to put the window right down get a good LED torch and look into the gap the glass is sitting look into the gap and see if the window looks as though its sitting squint//it should be straight - ideally what i would of done - is to get the inner door panel off and then disconnect the glass from thw window regulator..and then try to manaully with the aid of another person to hold to top of the glass - try to push the window up manually..that way you get a idea if the glass is actually seated properly or not and if you can re-seat the glass into the guides..these guides you see the window follow up the door frame actually follows down inside the door cavity too so those ideally need to be checked id say..of course there are silicone sprays out there to feed into the window track the glass follows up..might be worth trying that once other checks have been made..But if it where me - id get that door panel off..and ensure the glass is properly seated in its track..from what your saying its possible it may have jumped out its track and the window is being lifted up squint at the front end..and thats why the glass tilts like it does and maybe the antipinch function's maybe kicking in too..hence why you can only get it up by small movements...... other checks aparts from above - check to ensure nothing is caught in the tracks maybe sometimes if there's been a broken window small bits of the previous glass gets caught in the track..of course if thats not been an issue since you had the car then you could rule that out..ensure the track around the frame of the door is fully seated into the metal frame of the door..the window regulator itself isnt bent and isnt loose with regards ***** ***** mounting bolts on the door itself..the plastic fixings to on the regulator that holds the glass isnt broken as above there a few things to maybe have checked out..I do hope this helps