Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Oil,not emulsion, in header tank.3.2v6 Omega

Customer Question

oil,not emulsion, in header tank.3.2v6 Omega
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello OK I'd say what most likley is the head gasket is leaking from its oil feed to the head and so travelling across to the water side either that or the head is cracked so whats worth trying before pulling the engine apart is a bottle of the block sealents that are available these days and can effect a reliable repair I can reccommned this onehttp://www.kseal.com/uk/?gclid=CPPhrayt4ckCFRW3Gwodm1MM7g
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks your reply.Will try sealant but they say not much use for oil into water.Why do you favour this cause as opposed to oil cooler?Cheers ***** *****
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello well you said you had already replaced the oil cooler ? so i suggested the sealent as the next step