Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

P2453 code

Customer Question

P2453 code
Category: Vauxhall
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vauxhall Corsa 1.3 Eco flex diesel. Have issue with code p2453 being shown on diagnostic. Engine management light and glow plug light are on. Glow plug light is flashing.Following repairs have been completed to the car.
New exhaust pressure sensor
Hoses/leads checked for leaks etc
Service and oil/filter change
Fuel injector cleaner used.
Car been taken on a good run at over 2,500 revs. MAll have not resolved the issue. Some times the car is idling as there is no pull and then other times the car is driving fine.Only other issue is fuel consumption has dropped from 65 down to 55 and obviously less miles to the tank approx 50-75 miles.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi .Possible causes for the P2453 Faulty diesel particulate filter pressure sensor Diesel particulate filter pressure sensor harness is open or shorted Diesel particulate filter pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connconnection.Leaks in the diesel particulate filter pressure sensor connecting hose , In most case if a forced regeneration is needed to be done with the tech II .If this fails a new Particle Filter needs to be replaced.But the dealer can test this also . Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service. This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your reply.Can I ask what is the difference between the DPF pressure sensor and the exhaust pressure sensor? Are these the same parts or different? Exhaust pressure sensor has been replaced recently but didn't clear the code.The car is also making a humming noise at times when accelerating. Could this be due to a leak or problem with a high pressure hose?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Both the same sensor when changing one better to change both at the same time . You will need to have a tech there as the humming could be a leak . Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sensor we originally changed was the exhaust pressure sensor located at the back of the engine. Will the DPF Pressure sensor be located in a different position and will this be the same part as the exhaust sensor.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi .will have to opt out as my information for this engine is limited .Rgds Greg
I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiI'm ok to wait for an answer still.