Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2010 corsa cdti in the mornings it misfires but clears

Customer Question

I have a 2010 corsa cdti in the mornings it misfires but clears when I hold up the revs and it smokes a little any ideas
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. When this occurs are there any warning lights stay on or come up? What its service history like? Colour of the smoke at start up? Any power loss the rest of the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No lights
blue/gray smoke
Part service history
drives really well rest of the time
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. There maybe a few things to maybe rule out or have tested at least..the first ideally id say is get the glowplugs/circuit checked out..even though the majority of the time especially so in warmer months they dont use the glowsplugs for very long at cold..its worth ensuring that none of the glowplugs have gone faulty.open circuit if you like..the next id say would be the EGR valve have that taken off and checked for build up of soot/carbon..clean out if required..alot of the time with sticking egr valves they can tend to cause that too..the last thing id say apart from the maybe timing issue or timing chain/guide excess wear..maybe bad injector.but normally those if faulty can cause smoke or slight stumble at idle...maybe try a premuim diesel or diesel injector cleaner first into the fuel tank and see if that improves anything..but considering there are no management warnings up..id say at least have those 2 things checked first..I do hope this helps