Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

The drivers door on my agila will unlock but the door will

Customer Question

the drivers door on my agila will unlock but the door will not open , all the other doors are working normally.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.If the door is unlocked and opening from the inside, this will be caused by the door handle or the linkage to the door latch assembly inside the door. The fact it opens from the inside is very good news, not only does this rule out problems with the release latch its self, it also saves a lot of hassle when it comes to fixing it as it will allow the door card to be removed without damage.The next step will be to remove the door card to inspect the linkage from the handle to the latch. Are you planning on carrying out this repair your self? Thanks. Ross.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Ok great. Sorry for the delay. I have two PDF Files which I will send over to you. These contain the official method of removing the inner handle and door card. The door car will need to be removed to get further access to see exactly what has happened. In the mean time if you need any help getting the door card off please feel free to ask. Once the door card is off, you should be able to see the door handle lever to the latch in the door. You may find the problem is very obvious but either way get back to me and I will continue to assist.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
PDF 1
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
PDF 2