Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

I have a astra estate 2003 2.litre dti elegance diesel,took

Customer Question

I have a astra estate 2003 2.litre dti elegance diesel,took it to my local garage because it would nt go into 2 nd gear,he said it was the selector,bought one and he then said it was the gearbox!bought one,second hand withguarantee,he then said it was the clutch as wellso he got one,he fitted these things and theres no drive,hhe says he cant do it????
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. How do you mean no drive..in all gears? Can you select any gears at all when the engines running or only when its switched off? Before all this was done..was the clutch fine as far as you could tell? and could you select other gears ok bar 2nd? And what was the problem getting 2nd - no drive or gearstick binding up or jamming? Has the garage shown you the faulty parts thats needed replaced?