Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a meriva 1.4 turbo, orange engine symbol just came on

I have a meriva 1.4 turbo, orange engine symbol just came on engine appears to be running fine. Millage is K22 over five years. Whats causing this?
Dave G
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. The Engine warning symbol is an engine management system fault..basically the ecu has logged certain fault codes related to an issue on the engine..and this could cover a vast area of possible issues..so its not easy to determine exactly what causes the warning to flag up without doing some proper diagnostic testing first.that being said your best approach now from here would be to have the car diagnostic scanned "with the warning on" unless they are stored as pending for those fault codes before taking any further steps..you need to know what these codes are before making any sort of checks..and cycling the ignition off and on basically just erases the fault memory until of course the issues is picked up again by the ecu and the warning flags up...normally the most common we see with faults on these engines is normally emissions related