Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Brake pedal is very difficult to compress.There is hardly any

Customer Question

Brake pedal is very difficult to compress.There is hardly any movement in the pedal.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello you don't say what car this is but I'd say to check the vacuum pipe between the inlet manifold and the brake servo is in good condition if you can hear a hissing when you press the pedal its quite possible the brake servo is faulty and split
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Duncanyou can double check the sensor by measuring its resistance ? As it should be between 400-550ohmsand yes its worth resetting the sensor by winding the engine over to TDC and then set the position midway between the bolts