Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Vauxhall Vectra 2.2dci runs rough on idle and rev counter does

Customer Question

Vauxhall Vectra 2.2dci runs rough on idle and rev counter does not when you accelrate
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello This could be a wiring issue as things tend to expand when hot and its possible a poor or partial electrical connection is being pushed apart on one of the major sensors so check the connection plug and wiring to the following;Airflow meterCrank position sensorCam position sensorO2 sensorThrottle pedal position sensor unplug each in turn and use some switch / contact cleaner spray on the pins to ensure its all grease / dirt free Also worth checking the connections to the fuel pump for the same reason - unplug each in turn and give them a good squirt of switch / contact cleaner - Not WD40 and also unplug and inspect the main power relays and fuses for signs of overheating or corroded terminals - so the ones for the ECU and the fuel pump And also unplug the wiring loom connections in the engine bay one at time and inspect for corroded or recessed pins.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you