Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Enquiry I have a Vauxhall Astra 1.6 CDTI Reg is SH10OLR and

Customer Question

Enquiry Hi I have a Vauxhall Astra 1.6 CDTI Reg is SH10OLR and the car has a really bad hunting problem which is really annoying when stuck in traffic and when car is stationary I really want this problem fixed as I have taken the car to many different garages and nobody can seem to find the problem, when the car gets plugged into the diagnostic machine nothing is appearing on the machine which is confusing all mechanics I have been to see I have no lights on the dash board but the rpm meter is always jumping up and down when the engine is hunting. Thanks for your time
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi.there..

You have a 1.7cdti - besides could be indictive of faulty SCV "suction control valve" on the HP Fuel Pump..not really an uncommon fault on some of these CDTI engines where rpm flucuates or irractic idle.it can be replaced without needing to renew or remove the pump..the SCV is just held with 2 allen screws..