Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

I have a V/H Astra Mk5 and have been having trouble with

Customer Question

I have a V/H Astra Mk5 and have been having trouble with a/c. When switched on it will get adequately cold and maintain this but only for approx. 15 mins. or so. Have recently had condenser replaced and I can hear the pump come into operation. As this did not cure the prob. all connections and relays were checked and fuse all of which were functioning correctly. I have since changed the internal switch control but alas no change. exactly as before. Help.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Mike .

After 15 minutes of driving and air starts to get warm are you driving in slow traffic .do you notice that if you can speed up it starts to get cold again .

You did say that after 15 mins when it starts to get warm the compressor is still running .

Greg