Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

A symbol of a car is lit up yellow and there is a spanner in

A symbol of a car is lit up yellow and there is a spanner in it. What does this mean. I have a Vauxhall 1.8 Insignia.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

Means you have an engine managment fault.that symbol is not a service light...It normally that means that fault codes have been logged within the ecu and need retrived using a scanner tool..once you know what these are? then you can progress on checks and fix if need be..It will normally cover things like engine issues ie: emissions or engine sensor faults or ecu controlled components on the engine faulty.or immobiliser problems..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will take it into the garage!
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

No problem Graham..Well if you need anymore advice then just ask..be happy to help..many thanks for rating! much appreciated