Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have just recent purchased as Vauxhall Astra Se Estate car

although the car had a full service last October The dashboard computer keeps flashing up Service Required Soon
The garage where i purchased vehicle are saying nothing is wrong as it is not indicating service required immediately just soon, but October is still 3 months away what is your opinion on this please
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

What year and engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2013
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Ok..

On the Astra J.. The only service reset done on these cars is the Oil life indicator which you can inspect going thorugh the options on the midlevel display and see what the percentage is - the message your refering to or car/spanner icon is not a service message or a message to service it soon..alot of people automatically asume thats the case..but its not.its coincides as a engine management system problem.sometimes with that message you will or should have a warning code on the midlevel display that will help ID or a clue as to why that flagged...but the intial procedure is to get the car plugged in diagnostically..with a proper scan tool..not just with a generic code reader.ideally a high end or specific manufacturer TECH2 or OP-COM software to see what fault codes maybe currently logged...so it maybe something to bring up with your garage that you bought the car from...I do hope this helps