Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

My 09 Vauxhall Insignia is showing a yellow spanner light on

Customer Question

Hi, my 09 Vauxhall Insignia is showing a yellow spanner light on the dashboard. Usually this is accompanied by an error code. However this time there are no codes displayed. Any ideas what it could be please?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Shantal,
No answer as yet. Will you be refunding my money as no answer supplied?
Jez
Expert:  Nathan B replied 4 months ago.

hi there.

Welcome to ja.com

I hope i can help you today, but first can i just ask you if you still require help on this matter as i can see you have been waiting a while for an answer.

Also can I ask you when was the last time it was serviced please?

Thank you in advance

Nathan

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello,The car was last serviced in March but I don't think that possibly the garage have cleared the or updated the onboard computer.Thank youJez
Expert:  Nathan B replied 4 months ago.

hi again.

Can i just ask you if the car is in limp mode at all at the moment while this spanner light is on? This is when the car will be at a reduced power and will not rev over about 2500-3000rpm.

I look forward to your reply

Nathan

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Performance is not effected at all mate.
Expert:  Nathan B replied 4 months ago.

Good morning.

Thanks for your reply.

The fact that the car isn't in limp mode would lead me to believe that it is a minor fault on the car. The usual fault which occurs on these cars is a faulty glowplug. This would put the light on with no loss of power. I don't know what your technical knowledge is but You can check the resistance of the glowplugs with a multimeter if you have one and the one which reads a higher resistance than the rest is the culprit that needs to be changed. If they are all reading the same low resistance though, I'm afraid the car will have to be plugged into a diagnostic computer to get the fault codes read and then the fault fixed from there. But my first port of call would be to check the glowplugs as this is a very common fault on the Insignias. If you want to, if you have to get the fault codes read then you can post them on this thread and i will help you further with them. Also, if you find thast one of the glowplugs is at fault and you replace it, sometimes you may still have to get the fault codes removed with a scanner, but sometimes it will clear itself once the fault is fixed.

I hope this has helped you in this matter, but if you require any further assistance you can still post on this thread even if you have accepted my answer as this does not close out the question.

One more thing. If you require help again in the future you can contact me on this site via my profile and i will be happy to help you again.

Please remember to rate my answer as this is how i get paid and any feedback is very much appreciated. I do strive for complete customer satisfaction.

Thank you in advance

Nathan