Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

An error message has shown up: Service theft deterrence

Customer Question

An error message has shown up: Service theft deterrence system. And the ignition won't work. What should I do?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

When this message comes up you need to get to your dealer so they can hook up there diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction

with in the Theft deterrent system.

If after closing and locking the car up, then reopening and starting the engine and the message comes back then

i suggest you get this checked asap otherwise you may experience a no start issue pretty soon.

If the message does not come back then do nothing until it happens again . sometimes the system can get confused

and set of a message .

If the engine will not start then you will have to try the following .

Disconnect the battery for ten minutes.

After the ten minutes reconnect the battery .lock and unlock the doors with the keyfob.

Thern step inside and try and start ,if the car starts drive over to the dealer and have the system checked .

If no start then the system has not recognized the key and will need reprogramming .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

Rgds Greg