Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My vauxhall corsa has a thrittle assembly proble. Has is

Customer Question

my vauxhall corsa has a thrittle assembly proble. Has is diagnosed by a breakdonw recovery. The car is showing a 02 sensor circuit bank 1 sensor 2 on the readings
Category: Vauxhall
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What does this mean and how much would it cost me to get it fixed? Would I be better of going to a vauxhall garage or find an independent garage?
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi..there..

It means you have circuit problem on the Post Cat converter lambda sensor..thats the sensor after the cat converter..not the one before it...Likely in most case it will be the sensor thats at fault so they can check wiring/resistance checks on the sensor..but its not at all a hard job..unlesss the sensor is really siezed solid in which case might take a while to get out..as an approx id say to get that fixed in the region of £80-£90 if you put a genuine sensor in plus time...but you need to take it to a dealer being the more expensive option..and good well equiped garage should be able to carry out a job like this just as good......