Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2006 Opel Corsa C 1.3cdti. I was having a starting

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Opel Corsa C 1.3cdti. I was having a starting issue where I would have to turn the key multiple times to get the motor to crank. I cleaned the grounds, but no change, so I replaced the starter last night. Now it cranks everytime, but it runs terribly.
I drove it into the bay and it ran fine, changed starter now it won't idle above 400RPM and wont rev at all, and will eventually stall out.
I assumed something got disconnected, but I've been all over the motor and do not see anything obvious. I have the engine light and the wrench symbol on my dash, but no codes, this is with 2 different OBD2 scanners.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

I'd 1st consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

If OK then also check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

Also worth considering adding a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank as a clogged injector nozzle will reduce power and give poor combustion - the next stage on from this is to remove all the injectors and have them ultrasonically cleaned and flow checked

Also check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost.