Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have pressure washed the engine in my mothers 2012 reg 1.6

Customer Question

hi there i have pressure washed the engine in my mothers 2012 reg 1.6 turbo meriva.i took the coil pack off before washing and covered up the plug.after washing i blew down the engine with airline. after replacing coilpack and connector the car now will not start.could anyone please give me any info on what to do
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Ok if it won't start then I'd begin by locating the crank speed sensor on the front of the engine as this is the primary sensor and with no signal or a corrupted signal will result in a no start

unplug it and use compressed air to blow out both sides of the connector plug

do the same for the MAF meter connector and the MAP ( pressure) sensor on the manifold

these are all critical to engine control