Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

2010 vauxhall astra 1.4 16v turbo. Temperature gauge on

Customer Question

2010 vauxhall astra 1.4 16v turbo. Temperature gauge on zero, dash says a/c switched off due to high engine temp
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Ok if you have no signal from the coolant sensor the ECU will disable the AC to ensure the engine cooling is not overtaxed

so I'd start by locating the coolant sensor and check its connection and wiring for damaged / corroded connections and if thats OK then replace the sensor

Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you