Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I intend changing my front discs and pads on my insignia

I intend changing my front discs and pads on my insignia elite 2ltr cdi the Haynes manual says to replace the calliper mounting bracket bolts is this necessary?? and if so it specifies a torque fig then further tightening of 45degrees then further 20 degrees should there be a time interval between the tightening procedures
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi..there..

Its is listed as per vauxhall manuals to replace the carrier bolts on both sides and tighten to a torque value of 150Nm...Haynes is very vague when it comes to info..but as above its is recommended to repalce them and they are not that all expensive either..you would however need to go through your local Vauxhall dealer itself at the parts desk for 4 carrier bolts 2 for each side...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks but Haynes specifies an angle torque after the initial torque setting
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Well believe it or not..aswell as having the Vauxhall technical info - ive got Haynes pro online..and its excatly the same torque referance to vauxhall with carriers bolts 150Nm..