Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

How do I fill the tank? I tried earlier, but the cap would n

Customer Question

How do I fill the tank? I tried earlier, but the cap would n to open
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Nathan B replied 9 months ago.

Hi there

Welcome to ja.com

My name is ***** ***** i hope i can help you with your problem today.

All Vauxhall petrol caps open without the key nowadays as the flap itself locks when you lock the car.

All you need to do is once the flap is open, is turn the cap anti-clockwise like unscrewing a bottle top. They can sometimes be tight but it will go with a bit force. They usually onlt click when you are turning them clockwise after they have tightened up enough so that you don't break it.

If it is clicking when turning anti clockwise try putting a bit of inward pressure while turning it as the last person may have over tightened it slightly.

If it still won't go then you are going to have to taker it back to the garage tomorrow and they will have to remove it for you as the cap may be broken but try all this first though.

I hope this helps you in this matter.

Please remember to rate my answer as this is how i get paid and any feedback is very much appreciated.

If you require help in the future please don't hesitate to contact me via my profile on this site and i will be happy to help you again.

Thank you in advance

Nathan