Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

My Vauxhall Astra keeps cutting out when in idle and

Customer Question

Hi my Vauxhall Astra keeps cutting out when in idle and displaying engine power reduced please help
Category: Vauxhall
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.

Hi Lee.

This is a known issue and in most cases you will find that you have a very dirty throttle body .

What i suggest you do first is check and clean the throttle body.

This is some cases clears your problem .

If this does not work then you will need to check and test the throttle body ,here you will need a good scan tool to check for malfunction codes and check/test in live data stream.

Malfunction codes will let you know what has failed .

If you have a code reader or scan tool go ahead and check for codes first . no tool to check then go ahead and check the condition of the throttle body .

In some case depending on the malfunction codes found you wil lfind you have a malfunctioning throttle body .

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating this issue .
Kind regards Greg