Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Emisisons light came on continuously today for the first

Customer Question

Hi. Emisisons light came on continuously today for the first time. I appreciate it therefore is likely to be probably giving out wrong emissions but is it safe to drive for the moment? It is continuous, not flashing.
Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: emission light on dashboard.
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: 56 regstered
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have done nothing at present
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, except need to drive about 200 miles tomorrow, if possible
Category: Vauxhall
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Please now email response and not phone unless you can call me by 12.30am. (07799218107)
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 12 days ago.

Hi..there...

Well its depends on the nature of the fault thats occured. you will only know that once you have the faults retrieved using a scan tool..i know this may or may not be something you can do yourself..unless you have small code reader and then you can come back here with the codes...but as it stands.there will be afr "air fuel ratio" imbalance or the exhaust sensor or cat,dpf has either gone faulty..depending which engine you have..but if the car seems to be running ok as far as you can tell and seems to start up and stop ok..then it should be ok to continue to drive the car.going 200miles? i wouldnt really advise it as long as you have breakdown cover...but as above you "really" have to have the fault codes before making any steps towards a repair..hope this helps