Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Vauxhall Astra Design Automatic Tourer Estate, reg

Hi. I have a Vauxhall Astra Design Automatic Tourer Estate, reg no PK14 VFF, with just 11,000 on the clock. I just wanted to know when the timing belt interval change is due. Is it 6 year's or 10 years or 100,000 miles, whichever is sooner? My old car was an 09 plate Astra so just wanted to clarify this.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi there..

On the Astra J 1.6.. it specifies as follows according to the info i have that Vauxhall recommend replacement every or nearing 100,000 miles or 10 years (tensioner pulley and guide pulley must also be replaced). Obviously the previous use and service history of the vehicle must always be taken into account.. This means if the vehicle is used for alot of stop/start,or prelonged journeys alot of motorway use where mileage will increase more quickly..then the intervals would differ..where replacement would be advised alot earlier than normal..say 80,000miles / 48months..Its does sound like a long time to wait the official time..unlike the older astra's..But thats the time based above..it entirely optional to bring the replacement forward if you choose.hope this helps

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Robert. Much appreciated.